Tuesday, September 18, 2012

tomorrow is the big day!!

I never thought this day would come, and here it is...ack!

Today did not go as planned, however. I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. with a doozy of a migraine. I was NOT expecting that, to say the least. I tried my best to beat it, got ready for work, etc. I ended up having to drive to Seattle after failing to find parking at TWO park and rides (crazy, that has NEVER happened!). By the time I got to Seattle to have lunch with my coworkers, I realized what a HUGE mistake I had made. I was so sick and about to hurl in the restaurant parking lot. So, needless to say, I did not make it into work after lunch. I was actually really bummed because I was looking forward to my last day there before taking the next few weeks off. I LOVE my job and the people I work with, and their support has been incredible. I hate letting people down like that. On the drive home I actually missed the exit from I-5 to I-405. Umm, yeah, I was totally out of it!

Once I got home I took my narcotics and passed out, only to wake up an hour or so later feeling just as lousy. It's been a few hours now and I'm finally starting to feel the migraine ease a bit. I guess better to have this happen today than tomorrow, right??

Anyway...on to the real topic now. My surgery! Tomorrow! YIKES! I think I'm all ready to go. I'm staying a week or so with my parents, so I've packed enough stuff to stay for a month. :-) All the comfy clothes and PJs I could find, my iTouch, Kindle, tablet, and some DVDs. I also have my arsenal of drugs all packed and ready to go. Thank goodness I am NOT ALLOWED to administer the medications myself! There are just too many of them!

I'm feeling pretty calm overall. Excited to finally be doing this. Not excited for the recovery. I keep thinking if I expect the absolute worst, maybe it won't be as bad?? Haha, not likely.

I planned to post a "before" picture with this last pre-surgery post. I'm chickening out though! I think I want to wait until I have the after picture to show too.

My next post will be POST-SURGERY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment