Saturday, September 1, 2012

butterflies

Wow. I have been feeling very anxious/nervous lately. I have this constant flutter in my chest! I don't even have to think about the surgery and it'll hit me at the oddest times. How in the world am I going to make it for 2+ more weeks? Ack!

It's weird how much more nerve-racking this surgery is compared to the non-elective surgeries I've had. Maybe because there is this huge, uncertain element behind it: What am I going to look like?!

Then there's the whole notion of having parts of myself chopped off. Almost like an amputation. A part of my body that I've lived with my whole life (just not so stretched and saggy for most of it, lol). I have promised myself I will not watch any videos of tummy tucks or liposuction until AFTER this surgery. Because I'm pretty sure I would not go through with it if I did.

In other exciting news...I have my pre-op appointment on Tuesday. I am sure I will have LOTS to share after that appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment