Tuesday, September 25, 2012

so tired

It seems like all my body wants to do to the past 2 days is sleep. After my post-op appointment yesterday, I came home and slept for 5 hours. I kept trying to wake up, but to no avail. I was so sad to miss my daily phone call with my kids. But I just couldn't wake up!

I went to bed a little later than usual last night, around midnight. My mom had to force me out of bed today around 10:15. I could have slept all day if she had let me. I think my body just wants some rest!!!

On top of wanting to sleep ALL the time now, I am have some CRAZY dreams due to the narcotics. Some of them have been really cool, but others have been freakin' weird and scary. Don't like those ones so much.

So today is PO day 6. Still feeling every bit as sore and swollen as day 2. The first week is supposed to be the worst, but it would be great to see SOME improvement in the pain and swelling departments! 

I am a bit more mobile however (in fact, I finally made it upstairs to my parents' computer so I could post more than 50 words on here). I think I am just working through the pain better. And I'm just bored of sitting and watching TV. I feel totally isolated from "the real world" out there. I haven't been keeping up much with the news or Facebook or anything. I know reality is going to hit soon when I have to go back home -- husband goes back to work on Friday, I think? I think my mom is going to be spending some time at our house, helping me with the kids and all that. 

I still have lots of time to recover before I have to go back to work. I think I am aiming for around October 8 or so. As long as I am not walking around like the Hunchback from Notre Dame by then! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment