Sunday, September 30, 2012

day by day

I've had these words stuck in my head all day today (along with some Godspell music vamping along in my head). I have definitely had to take the past 2 weeks day by day.

I've certainly come a long way since September 19. Yesterday I was able to attend my kids' soccer games. I drove to the hair salon so Jack could get a haircut. The kids and I then hung out at Heritage park, and before we went home we stopped at the store for milk, something to cook for dinner, and ice cream for dessert. I actually cooked dinner. Yay me!

I've also slept through the night the past 2 nights. Granted it's only been 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep, but anyone who's had kids knows that counts as sleeping through the night! I'm not actually that sore in the mornings anymore, although all the running around throughout the day has me very swollen by the end of the day.

Today's biggest news: I shaved my legs. You really have no idea what a huge step this was! I also couldn't help but to try on some real clothes. I tried on some skirts and blouses and I have to say I am SO pleased! I tried on a few pants too but my backside is still too swollen. But I can tell by the fact that they came up over my butt that they are going to fit nicely. Unfortunately I still have to wear my bulky compression garment, so I couldn't get any of this clothes on over it. But I think the outfit I had on today looked pretty darn nice all things considered.

I also managed to take the kids outside today to put up Halloween decorations, and took them to Five Guys Burgers for lunch. Life is actually starting to resemble some kind of normalcy.

I also decided to weigh myself today. The first time I weighed myself after my surgery I was 5 pounds over, due to all the fluid and swelling. Since I felt like today was a good day, I took a chance. I was 6 pounds less than what I weighed the day of the surgery. So cool! Plus I know I still have SO much swelling that it's only going to keep going down. That's of course if I stop eating Five Guys Burgers and ice cream. ;-)

The best thing is I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Granted it is a long tunnel, but I finally see myself making it through all this.

Tomorrow I have my next post-op appointment. Will update again then!

2 comments:

  1. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. https://www.surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-tummy-tuck/

    ReplyDelete