Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HUGE (and I mean HUGE!!!) sigh of relief

My surgeon just called. And honestly, I'm totally stunned. He is eating the entire cost of the anesthesiologist's $1,020 extra tab!

Apparently, here is what happened. There is a new liposuction tool called "Smart Lipo Laser" which gives better results, more contour, better elasticity to the skin, etc. He is still learning the new tool, and it takes longer to use. This is why the surgery took so much longer. They still haven't perfected estimating the time it takes to use the new tool.

He didn't realize how much longer he had taken, and since the anesthesiologist bills independently, his office did not know I was being billed the $1,020.

He was extremely apologetic, stating that it is not their way to do business by trying to pull a fast one over their patients or anything like that (I didn't even accuse them of that, so I'm glad he said that!). But he said the bill would be totally taken care of considering all of the circumstances around it.

I knew I loved my surgeon for a reason! And thank goodness he called me back today because I don't think I would have slept tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment