Saturday, October 20, 2012

4 weeks post-op

Wow, I can't believe yesterday was the 1-month anniversary of my surgery. In ways it seems like it was just yesterday, and in others it seems like ages ago. Kind of like having kids!

The best news I have to share is that my hematoma no longer needs to be drained. Yay! It's all "softened up" so it will absorb on its own now. I am still a little more swollen in that area, but it no longer hurts any more than the rest of me.

Dr. Stephens also told me that I need to shed the compression garment. :-( He said it's fine to wear it, but that I don't need it, and it would be good to let my skin breathe a bit. However it's really become a sort of security blanket for me. It keeps everything all sucked in, helps me stand up straight, and the pressure is kind of like a 24/7 hug. It is a little difficult to get clothes over it, but I can hide it pretty well with layers. But, sadly, I know I can't wear it forever.

So today I spent most of the day in my Spanx rather than the compression garment. The Spanx is the next step down to wearing nothing but my clothes. Ugh, it felt awful. I feel all bloated now, and very sore. But I guess I need to make the transition. I think I know how Kaylyn must have felt giving up her bottle for a sippy cup! Pretty soon it will be going from sippy cup to a real cup. Baby steps!

I've also been dealing with a cold the past few days. I've got that stupid, dry, never-goes-away cough. I can tell now it's going to hit my chest and my sinuses HARD. Just hoping I can make it without a trip to the doctor.   

Although I won't have any post-op appointments for another month, I will still try to update my progress every week or so. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment