Tuesday, July 10, 2012

clothes

One of the major reasons (okay, THE major reason) I want a tummy tuck is to look and feel better in my clothes. I guess you could say I have a love-hate relationship with clothes. I love buying clothes, but I absolutely hate finding clothes to buy! 

I have to buy clothes that fit my gut. Not my legs, my ass, or even my hips, but the 'extra butt' that is on the front of me. Finding clothes that even look halfway decent is not easy. My waist is lost under a huge roll of skin! If my pants go under the roll, I have something that goes beyond the description of a 'muffin top'. So I typically have to go over the roll, which means buying things in a few sizes up from what I should wear, bottoms and skirts with elastic waistbands, and baggy/layered tops to hide as much as possible. I have to tuck my skin in under my pants. YUCK!

My plastic surgeon told me he would get me back into a 2-piece swimsuit. I had to laugh. Uh, I don't think I have worn a 2-piece swimsuit since I was 12. But whatever. I told him I don't care about a 2-piece swimsuit, I just want to look good in my everyday clothes. If that is all I get out of this surgery, I will be ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment